Monday, March 13, 2006

So, I am flying to Boston the first week in May to set up shop for the summer...I will be living right on the Charles River in the Charles River Park apartments...the apts. are soooo nice...I am really excited about this assignment...I think the work will be challenging and the city will be beautiful...

I have been extremely frustrated the last couple of weeks with my current position. I have had to go work in different units than I was hired in and that's never a fun thing...usually I go and work in the PICU (pediatric ICU) but the other day I was floated for four hours to the burn unit...I think I would have rather had to run for four straight hours than work down there...I don't really have patience for stupidity and the pt I had was being young and dumb when he caught himself on fire...the other issue with this hospital is the power play the ladies in management have...I called in sick the other day and the assistant manager of the unit called and harrassed me about it on Monday...then she gave my company a substandard evaluation of my work...being sick has nothing to do with my work...I don't even know this lady...never seen her, much less worked with her for her to know if I am a good or bad nurse...anyway, these are just a few of the things that led me to Boston...I really feel good about the decision although it was a hard one...You guys have been kind of quiet -- I want to hear from you!

Ava is coming back Brock and Mia...see you soon.

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - sounds exciting!!! Expect to see pics of you at the ballpark! You know you really should come by and see me and Cheryl while you're so close before you head up north.

Rob