Tuesday, May 09, 2006




The weather finally turned bad...it's rainy and cold....I have nothing to do -- no books to read, no tv to watch (they cut off my free cable...) and nothing to unpack...UPS isn't going to be able to deliver my stuff until FRIDAY! I am sleeping with a towel over me for a blanket because my dumb #$% packed all my sheets and blankets in a box...good thinking there sherlock!

But I still love Boston...I went and got a mani/pedi today in the pouring down rain..it's right down from where I live...not as close as I thought...i was running through the cold rain with flip flops and my Georgetown hoodie! Oh, the mississippi girl in Boston!

First day of work was yesterday--it went really well...the hospital is huge and the unit is 27 beds--most of the units I have worked in are about 15 or so beds...everyone was nice and helpful...I haven't met my preceptor yet...but hopefully she'll be equally as nice...no one can understand me when i talk...I have to repeat myself about 17.3 times....yesterday this girl asked me what my middle initial was -- I said, "iiinn" and she said, "a"..."no???" I said...."iiiiinnnnn...as in Nicole"....she looked puzzled and said "ooooohhhhh, I thought you were saying Ann"...hah...it was really funny...she turned really red and laughed...

Well, there is one thing that the rain is good for...napping!

Here are some more pics...


No comments: