Thursday, January 22, 2009

My beautiful friend...

Why are women so good at feeling guilty? I feel guilty when i spend too much time with LG (knowing I am neglecting myself) or even worse, when I get a baby sitter...I feel guilty when I feel like my world is coming apart...but worse, when my friends lives are crumbling and I CAN'T DO ANYTHING to help....

One of my best friends found out she has cancer. Cancer. She's in her 30's. Really? Cancer? I feel like I've been hit in the stomach...I can't IMAGINE what she is going through. I hate that she feels like she is going through this alone. I hate I haven't talked to her very much. I hate I feel like everytime she looks at my daughter she is reminded of what she will never have. I am angry....why am I angry?? I want it to all be okay. I want her to have a husband and beautiful children. I want to wake up and have her be perfectly healthy. I want her to stop smoking and tell her family what's going on....but, I don't have control...wow, isn't that a good thing? I don't have control, but I know the ONE who does.

She is His -- As am I.

I love you WT...

1 comment:

Jon Graves said...

I've been there, as you know. Jeseca had to let go of our boys...I don't know which would be harder. But I'll be praying for your friend. Jeseca's journals are so incredible...what she went through mentally, physically and spiritually while we fought for her life. Would you be interested in passing them along? I'd be happy to share them with you if you think it will help.

Prayerfully,
Jon Graves