Monday, January 12, 2009

Standing on the water's edge....

One of my friends asked me today if I am ever frustrated with LG or being a mother....I responded, with a little thought--No.

Simply no.

My mother or some of my other friends could surely remind me of those times when I may have been not so in control of my emotions....but I have never been frustrated with being a mother. I HAVE, however, been frustrated at myself for not being able to handle all of the emotions flowing through my veins at the same time. I am generally very good at keeping myself (and my emotions) in check...but there are ALWAYS those moments in life where we lose it...no matter how small of a nanosecond it is...we are human.

As I was talking to my friend and really thinking about motherhood--the words wouldn't come...how do I explain the richness she offers or the feeling of complete surrender of my heart or the laughter she provokes...Sometimes, i find myself just staring at her...it's scary--because it almost feels as if I'm looking in a mirror that reflects a younger me...she is SO MUCH like me...

Is motherhood this good??? I would have never imagined in a million years -- I would love -- anything-- THIS MUCH. God is amazing in HIS works.

To me...being a mom is much like watching a river....it always flows...sometimes the water is much clearer than at others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You put it into words more beautifully than I could, but that's exactly how I feel about you..God is so good to us!!!I love you...mom