Wednesday, January 25, 2006


So tomorrow should be the big day--my cast is SUPPOSEDLY coming off...for those of you who don't know...my nursing position in Little Rock, AR was postponed by a week--making this the fifth week i haven't worked...which makes it very hard on finances...Anyway, everyone please say a quick prayer for my wrist -- I really need and WANT to get back to work...

I talked to a few good friends back in Atlanta yesterday...I took care of their children in the ICU in Atlanta the past couple of years...they are both doing well...This picture is of Mia...the first one is of her in the ICU...Mia was probably the sickest little girl I've ever seen after surgery...she had a really hard time, but she made it through and will actually have to go back to surgery sometime this year...Mia turned two and is doing extremely well...Her parents, Chris and Natalie, mean the world to me!!! I'll get back to Atlanta soon you two!


This is Mia a few weeks ago!!! Natalie says she is walking now--yea!!! And she said a few words to me on the phone yesterday!!! I love you sweet girl!

I haven't been doing much this past week...trying to do a lot more with my left hand...it is definitely getting stronger, but I am all too eager to get back in the gym!!!! Hiring a trainer in Little Rock will be a number one priority...I have started reading The Purpose Driven Life...I am probably the last one to read it, but I'lll let you know how it goes...

Thank you for all your phone calls and emails...it really means so much to me to hear from all of you guys! It has been tough not being in my element, but having a "home" here with my family has been invaluable! Mom wanted to know if I wanted to buy a house here in Center Star, Al??? *huge laugh* I'll think about it mom! Tomorrow is my last day with her and Sophie...I'll miss them...

Did anyone see the Oprah show yesterday on the bird flu??? What did you think? I need to hear someone else's opinion before I share mine...

Love you guys,
Amber

No comments: